Preparing for your COVID-19 Vaccination
Please click here to be redirected to the Services Australia website with instructions on how to be COVID-19 vaccine ready.
Before your vaccination appointment, you should make sure your details are up to date
If you don’t have your account set up, you can:
• enrol in Medicare, if you’re not already enrolled
• set up your Medicare online account if you’re enrolled in Medicare, but don’t have Medicare linked to myGov, or
• get an Individual Health Identifier (IHI), if you’re not eligible for Medicare.
You can also read this patient factsheet developed by the Australian Government
Department of Health: Here
Please note, if you don’t have a Medicare card, or are not eligible for Medicare, you can get your free vaccination at a Commonwealth Vaccination Clinic or a state or territory vaccination clinic. More information is available on the Department of Health website.
Please do not come to your vaccination appointment:
• if you are feeling unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
• if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
• if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or
• if you are in quarantine.
If you have had another vaccine, for example the influenza vaccination, in the 14 days
before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please let us know as we may need to
reschedule your appointment.
To keep you and your community safe, before and after vaccination, it is important that
you continue to:
• Stay 1.5 metres away from other people and avoid handshakes and contact with
people outside your household.
• Stay home if you feel unwell and get tested for COVID-19. You must stay at home
until your results come back.
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use hand sanitiser.
• Always cough or sneeze into your arm or a tissue and put the tissue in the bin
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines, visit health.gov.au
Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker
To check your eligibility for a COVID-19 vaccine, visit the COVID19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker.
If you’re eligible for vaccination, you will also be able to book your appointment.
COVID-19 Testing facilities
Please click here to be redirected to the Queensland Government website showing where the closest COVID-19 testing and fever clinics are located.
COVID-19 Vaccination Rollout Phases
Please click here to be redirected to the Department of health website for information on the rollout phases for the COVID-19 vaccinations.